Nasty Women Unite Fest is a yearly multi-day arts festival showcasing Nasty Women* of all backgrounds to raise money for the ACLU. Our 2019 Festival is confirmed for the weekend of Saturday 10/26 and Sunday 10/27 at Caveat, NYC. If you would like to be part of our team, please email us.
All positions are unpaid and volunteer – we are a nonprofit and all proceeds are donated to the ACLU to support the rights of all people. We are a group of collaborative and fun Nasty Women and truly love producing this festival every year, we hope you can join our family!
*Nasty Women Unite Fest puts intersectionality and inclusion at the forefront of our mission. We believe individuals who identify as women, non-binary, femmes, demi, genderqueer, and more–of all races, ages, abilities, and backgrounds – are all Nasty Women in our eyes!
- Draft and circulate press releases to cultivated list
- See opportunities for exclusives and interviews, outside of general blasts
- Pitch festival coverage including photographers
- Act as on-site press representative and liaison during festival
- Research, connect with, and book public figures to invite to festival and events on October 26th & 27th
- Connect and partner with other events and foundations in NYC to help spread the word for NWUF19: We The People
- Manage relationships with ongoing partners and sponsors and seek opportunity for new ones
- Providing support for producers on executing a specific department or show as needed, which may involve:
- Coordination of schedule and communication between artists, vendors, and producers.
- Providing administrative and/or research support for marketing or public relations.
- Pointing and handling internal comms among staff
- Required to attend all NWUF meetings relating to the evening they are producing and are expected to follow through on action items set in each meeting.
Report to Producer or AP and assist with any of the following the day of the show: set up, tear down, ASM duties, runner, house management, and more.